The GTA Songs Wiki has certain policies. The policies need to be followed by all the editors in the Wiki.
In the GTA Songs Wiki, users are corrected if they are caught unconsciously violating the policies. If a user violates the policies multiple times, he/she will be issued with a block. Things that lead to blocking users are the following:
- Repeated vandalism.
- Breaking policies.
- Adding pages that are copyright violations.
- Misleading, offensive, promotional and disruptive usernames.
- Inserting false information
- Abusing multiple accounts
- Spamming links into external sites
- Intimidating behaviour/harassment
- Removing content from pages
- Assume Good Faith: Assume that the other editors on the Wiki mean well.
- Civility: Be civil in your dealings with others. No personal attacks, unnecessarily abusive language, patronizing behavior, baiting, etc.
- Disruptive editing and edit-warring: In case of misunderstanding between two editors who don't agree with each other's edits, the following will be implemented: A discussion page between the two editors will be created with a staff member controlling it. The staff will analyze the situation and see who's right and who's wrong. If one of the editors reacts with harassment, insulting the other editor, he will be warned about the civility policy, and maybe get blocked.
- Image copyright - One of the most important and strictly policies and is non-negotiable.
- Wikilawyering - Completely forbidden and not tolerated.
- Fan-fiction - Fan-fiction is not tolerated. This Wiki is about official songs performed by artists and featured in the games. Remember that fan-fiction is also a part of the Block leading rules (Inserting false information).